I’m a big morning person, since I was 13 I’ve had to be up by 7am and now that I’m freelance I can’t shake the habit. So this article from the FastCompany got me thinking. Here is my creative morning How To:
1. Get up early, the earlier you get up the earlier you can get all the boring stuff out the way with.
2. Figure out a list of creative (or non-creative) site that you can catch up on in the morning, do this some other time then read through them each morning whilst you eat breakfast.
3. Breakfast! Didn’t I write about this before?
4. Answer pressing emails then look back over yesterdays work, the morning’s clear head-edness will get you thinking fresh about it.
5. Scrap the radio! Only put it on once you’re in your creative groove - any sooner and you’ll get distracted. Now the day is yours, shine on you crazy diamond!